From: mlazarus <mlazarus@xxxxxxxx>
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio
Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/05/2015 10:41 AM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Fw: RDi 9.5 "not responding"
Sent by: "WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

It would be nice if RDi had a pop-up to inform the user that there is a
lock and also allow backing out of the operation, if desired.

-mark

On 11/5/2015 9:47 AM, Ken Killian wrote:
Edmund,

Good to hear! I have also gotten a Brand new windows-10 Laptop (Intel
i7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz) power house!<Joy Joy>

I am going to apply the Test fix pack to my new laptop. So, going
forward, there should be no way can blame it on a slow PC.<LOL>
Should only take me 10-minutes. Just did a brand new install of RDi
9.5.0.1 last night.
I also need to change my eclipse.ini to use "java.exe" instead of
"javaw.exe" for debug purposes.

I appreciate Mike pointing to me about "locks"... I had a lock editing a
display-file, and I had the screen up on the 5250 session. Back out on
that, and RDI starting responding again immediately!

That was understandable. But, when I only have a brand new code in
library and RDI 9.5 locks up, that is strange to me...

I want to go forward with my brand new install, after I re-apply the test
patch from 2015-10-27, if I remember correctly.