While I agree with "best practices", if we are held to that standard here,
almost none of these old RPG programs will ever be converted, per the
reasons shared in my previous post.

I can't count the number of times I've tracked
back a production issue to a small change
made in some other portion of an app.

This seems to imply that the "issue" already existed in the old, RPG-III
code. It's not that I don't care that it's there, but the converted
program won't behave any worse than the original.

- Dan