On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 11:03 AM, Ken Killian <kkillian@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Oh well, stuck with the mouse... Or the 3-stroke key combinations. <LOL>

I don't think you are ever truly *stuck* with those, because even if
the application you're trying to customize (in this case, RDi) does
not support your desired keystrokes, you can always resort to using a
separate, independent hotkey facility.

I use AutoHotkey myself. It's extremely versatile. You can use it to
set up hotkeys that are global (active no matter what you're doing on
your PC) or application-specific (so for example, you can have hotkeys
that are only active when your RDi window is active).

Beyond that, it's handy for automating nearly anything on your PC,
with a full-blown programming language and a fast, simple compiler to
create your own standalone .exe programs if you wish.

I'm a little surprised Buck hasn't mentioned it already, because I
know he is familiar with it.

There is also the possibility (which Buck has since mentioned) that
something else has already registered the key combination you are
trying to assign. There are some utilities to detect such key
combinations (such as Windows Hotkey Explorer and ActiveHotkeys),
though I don't have much experience with these.

Note for folks interested in trying AutoHotkey: Its Internet presence
has been fractured for several years, between the original
<http://www.autohotkey.com/> and the newer <http://ahkscript.org/>. Of
those two, the latter is the better and more legitimate one, in my
view. It has been better maintained, and it is where the latest
versions of the AutoHotkey software could be found. All that said,
there is an ongoing effort to re-unify the community, so hopefully
within the next few months, the situation should be simpler. For now,
I strongly recommend <http://ahkscript.org/>.

John Y.