I would seriously suggest that you persuade your boss to buy the Linoma tool - it is very inexpensive and can be tailored to the level of “aggression” you want in converting MOVEs etc. The time it will save you will repay the cost with days or weeks at worse. It can use the compiler to determine the data types and sizes involved in the MOVEs etc. and make sure they are converted safely and correctly.

We’ve been using it for many years now and particularly like the RDi plug-in so that we can convert sections of code when needed.