Well, I can see it when I google my email address... i didn't put it in the body of the post did I??

It replaces the @ symbol with <at>

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries - Gmane
comments.gmane.org/gmane.editors.websphere.iseries/34579
Jan 26, 2015 - -----Original Message----- From: Greg Wilburn [mailto:gwilburn <at> totalbizfulfillment.com] Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 12:44 PM To: ...

Set Service Entry Point for another user - Gmane
Feb 18, 2015 - SystemiDeveloper.com > > On Feb 18, 2015, at 9:49 AM, Greg Wilburn <gwilburn <at> totalbizfulfillment.com> wrote: > >> I'm missing ...
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries - Gmane
comments.gmane.org/gmane.editors.websphere.iseries/33791

-----Original Message-----
From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Buck Calabro
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2015 4:35 PM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

On 10/2/2015 3:51 PM, Greg Wilburn wrote:
A support person from McAfee SaaS just informed me that my email address is publicly available because of "WebSphere Development Studio Client" and "comments.gmane.org" (and several other sources).

Does that have anything to do with this mailing list? If not, does anyone know where I could find out more about WDSC and gmane.org??

We've had this service for years and it's worked great... now SPAM is getting through, but just to my address. They are suggesting that I'm being targeted because my email address is readily available. I googled it, and sure enough it came up in reference to the above.

Yes, it's to do with this email list, but don't panic!

First, the 'why':
Gmane mirrors a copy of emails sent to this list in order to
a) present a searchable archive on the web
b) deliver the list to people (like me) who subscribe via news reader
(NNTP) instead of email.

Second, don't panic because:
Yes, your posts, with your full name (as presented by your email client)
are publicly visible on Gmane. But I cannot see your email address - it
is obfuscated. Here is a post from 10 Aug 2015:
http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.editors.websphere.iseries/day=20150810

'RDi stops responding during interactive debug
Greg Wilburn <gwilburn@...>
2015-08-10 18:44:40 GMT

I've had this occur several times and it creates a real mess.'

That's an exact quote - that is exactly what your email address looks
like to me when I look at it on blog.gmane.org Here's another from 16
Aug 2015: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.editors.websphere.iseries/35813

'Re: Fw: RDi stops responding during interactive debug
<MichaelQuigley@...>
2015-08-13 12:03:31 GMT

Reply below . . .

"WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@...> wrote on 08/12/2015
04:51:52 PM:
----- Message from Greg Wilburn <gwilburn@...>
on Wed, 12 Aug 2015 20:51:07 +0000 -----

"Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client
for System i & iSeries" <wdsci-l@...>

cc:

William T Smith <smithtw@...>

Re: [WDSCI-L] Fw: RDi stops responding during interactive debug'

Again, look at all of the email addresses - every one is mangled.

There's another public place our posts go: the Midrange Archive. Here's
the post I'm responding to:
http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l/201510/msg00052.html

' This mailing list and increase in SPAM?

From: Greg Wilburn <gwilburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 19:51:20 +0000

A support person from McAfee SaaS just informed me that my email address
is publicly available because of "WebSphere '

Once again, the email address is mangled.

Now, if I can't see your email address, how did I get it? I subscribe
to WDSCI-L (this list) via email, as well as by NNTP, so I (and everyone
else subscribed) get a copy of your email - with your email address in
it. Every subscriber sees every other subscriber's email address.

What exactly did you search with to find your email address on Gmane? I
can find your name, but not your email...