From: "Mark Murphy/STAR BASE Consulting Inc."
<mmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio
Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09/23/2015 12:16 PM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] The problem with Finding what is selected
Sent by: "WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ok, so I did a bit more research on the Eclipse find-replace dialog, and
here is how it works. If you select 1 line of code or less, that selection
is moved to the find term, and the search scope is defaulted to the entire
document. But if you select more than a single line of code and press
ctrl-f, the first line goes to the find term, and the search scope is
defaulted to find within the selected text. Eclipse has no "Find All"
functionality, but I would expect that "Find All" would respect the
selection if it contains more than a single line of code and the search
scope is set to find within selected text. I don't think I would want to
automatically do a "Find All" because I don't all ways want to do that. If
the find-replace operated this way, I would not have a reason to disable
the ctrl-f functionality. I will enter a couple RFE's, one to only pick up
the first line selected and default the appropriate scope, and the other to
have ctrl-f work the same way for both block
and stream selection..

Mark Murphy
STAR BASE Consulting, Inc.
mmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx