BTW in RDi 9.5
We have added Ctlr-Alt-Q to Quick Open an IBM i member, so that there
would be a conflict-free keystroke.

From: Ken Killian <kkillian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio
Client for System i & iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09/04/2015 11:58 AM
Subject: [WDSCI-L] RDI 9.1.1.1 Keyboard Quick-Open of IBM Member: -->
SOLVED!
Sent by: "WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

Since using WDSC 6.0, I have NOT been able to get the "Ctrl+Shift+A" to
open a Member to work.

I tried manually mapping it, and RDI would NOT allow me to map it. Blocked
me for an unknown Reason.

So, I would map my quick open to "Ctrl+Shift+Q" for Quick-Open of IBM i
member.

Over the years, I have often got that question. Why won't that fast open of
a member work? My reply was always, I don't know, it is flaky, I use Ctrl
+Shift+Q instead... <frown>

My co-worker did not have the "Run/Debug" showing in his window
preferences. He was using a laptop by a former employee, who left on his
own.

I suggested he create a new workspace, to see if that preference,
"Run/Debug" would "Pop-back-up", and sure enough it did!!

Then I told him to try to map the Quick open to Ctrl+Shift+A to open a
member. I said notice it does NOT WORK!. <sad face>

Which I told him that is why I map it to Ctrl+shift+Q for "Q"uick open of a
member.

Mitch, our new senior developer was not satisfied with this. A very sharp
guy! He discovered that our "cisco-Soft-Phone" had override the Ctrl+Shift
+A to "A"nswer the phone! Wow! Never knew that! <Dropped Jaw>

Okay, at least I NOW Know this is NOT the fault of faulty RDI software, but
rather a Global Windows shortcut in Windows by Cisco Soft phone
software!!!! Who knew?

This keyboard mapping issue has SOLVED!!!!!!! And sadly it made RDI look
flaky, and in this case, it was NOT RDI's FAULT!

-Ken Killian-