So other users in your company have the same problem?

Sounds like some incompatibility with something you have in your corporate
image.

If you've got a friend in the support side, see if they'd work with you on
setting up a laptop with the bare minimums to see if that works.

You might try looking around here https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/ if it's
something another eclipse user has run into.

Also if you've got Java guys, see if they use an Eclipse based package.

Good luck,
Charles