"WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 09/02/2015 03:01:55 PM:
----- Message from Greg Wilburn <gwilburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
on Wed, 2 Sep 2015 18:34:45 +0000 -----

"'Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client
for System i & iSeries'" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Re: [WDSCI-L] RDi 9.5 announcement

I thought the same thing... My bill for 3-year maintenance on RDi
with the RPG/Cobol toolset was $2040. We have 2 licenses purchased
in June of 2014 @ $965 each.

That comes out to just over 35% annual maintenance, and you get
technical support that is always in "callback" mode. Pretty steep.
Hey, wait a minute - I could just buy it every 3 years and save some
money!

Is it by chance a "Floating License"? I just checked and our support cost
for the licenses in our shop is just a shade over $200 each.