"WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 08/14/2015 12:43:05 PM:
----- Message from Buck Calabro <kc2hiz@xxxxxxxxx> on Fri, 14 Aug
2015 10:59:28 -0400 -----

wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: [WDSCI-L] /COPY opening incorrectly

On 8/14/2015 10:00 AM, Michael Smith wrote:
I am a new user to RDi.

My version is RDi 9.1.

After opening SQLRPGLE member(from my development environment) for
PGMA, and making changes I complied PGMA.

In the list of errors that is a RNF5054, I clicked this error.

RDi opens /COPY member(from a production environment) where this
error occur.

Is this normal behavior, if so, it appears that I would be able to
modify the production environment source, without that change being
promoted via our change management software...

The easiest way to prevent a change outside of your change management
software would be to revoke the developers' change authority to the
production libraries.

At first blush it seems as though RDi is opening a /COPY member that you
don't expect, but how could it do that?
1) The /COPY has a hard-coded library
2) The library list for the connexion has PROD before DEV

You can see the library list several ways:
1) Right click the connexion, then Properties, then Subsystems. This
will show any additions to the library list being used by the user
profile you've connected with. If this is empty, the connexion is using
the library list in the *JOBD of the user profile.
2) Open a Commands Log View (Window > Show View > Commands Log). At the
bottom is a box where you can type commands. I use DSPLIBL
OUTPUT(*PRINT) and then look at a green screen to see the spooled file.
That is the definitive library list being used by that connexion.

You can also quite easily see the library list by using the following
command:

dsplibl output(*print) /*showsplf */

That will execute the DSPLIBL command and the "/*showsplf */" will cause
RDi to display the last spoolfile generated to be displayed.