That is strange. The error clearly points to a parameter mismatch when
calling procedure XFNDSTR_SEARCH of service program XFNDSTR.

I get the exact same error when I use the message file search of 2.7.0,
because I forgot to adjust the pcml file.

What does searchArgument_t of copy book QCPYSRC, member SRCHOPTS_T look
like?

Is it like this:

d searchArgument_t...
d DS Qualified Based(pTemplate)
d operator 10I 0
d string 40A Varying
d fromColumn 10I 0
d toColumn 10I 0
d case 10A

Or does it look like that:

d searchArgument_t...
d DS Qualified Based(pTemplate)
d operator 10I 0
d string 256A Varying
d fromColumn 10I 0
d toColumn 10I 0
d case 10A
d regex 10A

The latter one is from 2.7.0 with a longer "string" field and an
additional "regex" field.

Thomas.