From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jon Paris
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2015 10:18 AM
To: Wdsci-L
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Fixed-format continued lines

Switch to free-format declarations? <grin> - Sorry - couldn't resist.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com

On Jul 2, 2015, at 9:14 AM, Paul Bailey <PaulBailey@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

One of my common complaints is that fixed-format continued lines
(particularly D-spec constants that are on more than one line) are really
difficult to edit. For example:
D uriXmlns C 'http://mosaicsoftware.co.uk/Se-
D rvices'

To change that XML namespace string I need to manually shuffle around the
characters so I don't exceed the width of the D-spec "Keywords" section. If
I press F4 (to prompt the line) on either line, I don't get the full
constant, just the portion on that line. The continuation character is right
there, but RDi just ignores it.

Has anyone got any idea how to use RDi to more easily maintain source
lines with continuation characters in them? The same problem comes up in DDS
for constant strings, but with the screen designer it is possible to edit
the whole constant in the design view without worrying about the columns of
the fixed-format source view. Prompting CLLE source member lines also works
fine with continuation characters.

I'm thinking of raising another RFE for this, but if anyone has a decent
workaround then I'd be happy to hear.

-Paul.
----------------- Important This email transmission and any files with
it are strictly confidential to the intended recipient and may be legally
privileged. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of BHSF. If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not copy, disclose or distribute its contents in any
way.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and
delete the email from your system. We have taken steps to ensure this email
and attachments are free from any virus but do not accept any responsibility
once this e-mail has been transmitted. You should scan any attachments for
viruses. No contract may be concluded on behalf of BHSF Group Limited or its
subsidiary companies by email.
Registered Office: BHSF Group Limited, Gamgee House, 2 Darnley Road,
Birmingham B16 8TE. Registered in England number 04767689. BHSF is
authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential
Regulation Authority.

This email has been scanned for email related threats and delivered
safely by Mimecast. For more information please visit
https://www.mimecast.com