Hi,

I just want to let you know, that a "Regular expression" search option
has been added to the current iSphere beta version.

iSphere Home:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/isphere/

Update Sites:

http://isphere.sourceforge.net/beta-version/eclipse/rdi8.0/
http://isphere.sourceforge.net/beta-version/eclipse/wdsci7.0/

Today iSphere uses the IBM C regular expression functions, which do not
support look-ahead and look-behind and which are not that elaborated at all.

My first idea was to port the GNU regular expression function to the IBM
i bot today I figured out, that the GNU library does not support
look-ahead/look-behind, too.

I am open for any suggestions how to get look-ahead/look-behind to the
IBM i and integrated into the iSphere plug-in. The problem is, that I
need to call regcomp() and regexec() from a RPG module. So the functions
must be provided by a service program that I can bind to the FNDSTR
service program.

Thomas.