From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brian Johnson
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2015 4:37 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Next release - Paste Overlay

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 1:10 PM, Greg Wilburn <
gwilburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

OK... pulled this thread out again. Does anyone know how to get this to
work with something copied from a text editor (or excel)??

I have a long list of column headers that I would like to paste into my
source code (writing column headers). These options don't seem to work
when the copied content comes from another source. Or do I have to go back
to SEU again and do a few rows at a time?

I do this all the time (text files, not Excel) by opening the source text
file with Lpex. One easy way to get there is with a local connection in
RSE view. Navigate to the text file and select open-with from the context
menu to open with Lpex. Now you can use Lpex block-select and -paste
features.