So earlier this week I caught up with the thread 'Good news (?) for Mac Users’.
I went to the web and downloaded the RDi installer for Ubuntu (actually combined multi-platform, Disk1 and Disk2) trial version.
I then created an Ubuntu V14 Parallels VM and installed RDi and applied the license.
Uses Installation Manager to install and apply licenses.

Then I tried to copy the /IBM folder over to my Mac MBPr running 10.10 but the launcher wouldn’t work.
So I made a copy of my RTC 4.07 folder (called /Jazz) and experimented with that.
I copied ALL the features and plugins from SDP and SDPshared into those folders in RTC.
Then I copied a bunch of other folders from /IBM/SDP to the /Jazz/client/eclipse including the /lum folder that contains the licenses and the eclipse.ini.

Then I started RTC again, no additional perspectives showed up.
I added -clean to the eclipse.ini and started again, THERE THEY WERE!
(the splash screen is very strange looking)

So I went to RSE to create an IBMi connection, created it and I got a license error when I expanded the Library list node.
In Manage Licenses both RDi and RPG and Cobol tools show no license key available.
When I click on Apply License, which should start Installation Manager (which is in the /IBM folder) I get the error
The “clc.appDataLocation” system property is not set

I think I’m really close to getting this working, or at least finding out what works and what doesn’t using this technique :)
In this link
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/#!/SSDV2W_1.7.3/com.ibm.silentinstall12.doc/topics/r_app_data_loc.html <http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/#!/SSDV2W_1.7.3/com.ibm.silentinstall12.doc/topics/r_app_data_loc.html>
I found a couple expected locations for installation manager so I tried copying installation manager folder to the /Users/jtickner/IBM folder I have from Client Access still got the error.
Then I copied to /applications/IBM/InstallationManager, still erring so I think I have to get an OS X compatible version of License Manager from the RAD installer.
Unfortunately every time I try to download RAD for OS X I get an error during the download process and I tried both download director and HTTP and a strait download and get told the service is temporarily unavailable, for 2 DAYS now!

I’ll let you know what my results are as I progress :)

Jeff Tickner
Arcad Software