I understand the XY problem. In this particular case, I had the sense that
it doesn't matter a whole lot to present a "best practices" assessment; it
might be seen more an an insult than just presenting the actual fact that I
*can* actually access i data on the Windows client.

Apparently, this did the job. As of a few minutes ago, I can now use the
client-side tools to query i data.

- Dan

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 12:24 PM, John Yeung <gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx>