On 2/20/2015 2:01 PM, Dan wrote:
So, I've got RDi up and running on my work PC. I'm editing RPG source, and
the external table definitions are showing up in the Outline. I presume
the difference between just backing up the "membername.rpgle" file and
setting up an iProject to backup is that the iProject will "carry" with it
the external table definitions.

I've been searching for the better part of an hour on how to use iProject,
but coming up short. I see the Project menu, but the only items not dimmed
are "Build Automatically" (checked) and "Build Working Set" (for which
"Select Working Set..." is dimmed); I'm not entirely certain that this
Project menu is related to iProject. Seeing as we're approaching the end
of the day, can someone point me in the right direction so I can have
something to take home with me tonight and try on an "offline" environment?

RDi is based on Eclipse, which means that there's a lot of underlying
technology that is directly contributed by Eclipse. The Projects menu
item is one of them. That's not iProjects.

iProjects is an IBM contributed view that lets you do stuff offline.
There's a bit to it, so try the cheat sheet at Help > Cheat sheets > IBM
i > Create Applications Based on iProjects