Thanks Michael, that made me chuckle. I'm not sure if I missed the trim command, or if it was added recently... I'm hoping for the "recently added" reason, but I suspect I just don't read the manual properly ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of MichaelQuigley@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 17 February 2015 14:04
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Source Opens with trailing spaces not trimmed

It's not cached source--it's not source stored in the IFS. All our source is stored in traditional source physical files. Sometimes I get the trailing blanks and sometimes I don't. This can be on source I'm opening for the first time or source I've edited before.

I haven't found any pattern. If I could find a pattern, I would open a PMR on it. I don't think this should be an enhancement, I think it's not working as designed--at least not to my understanding.

Paul, I am impressed with your method of trimming the source, but here's a simpler method. Go to the LPEX command line and type 'trim' and press enter.