On 1/27/2015 2:41 PM, Bob Schuch wrote:
Thank you for your input, Kurt. I am the "Co-worker" referenced in Ken's post.

Welcome to the list!

The actual situation is that I'm trying to code a call to that subprocedure in another section of the program. Code assist has been flaky at best for me, so I thought I could position the outline view so I could see the subprocedure name while I was typing it. Besides the fact that I'm typing in another section of code, there also won't be a reference to it because I'm in the process of CREATING the reference!

I've been struggling to remember to use the Outline view, mostly because
I have more than a decade of muscle memory using Code / WDSC / RDi
without it! So I follow Outline View threads with great interest.
Thanks for posting!

Anyway, in my ignorance, I tend to use Ctrl-2. So to synthesise my old
habits with the Outline View, here's what I did to create a new
subprocedure call:

Outline View, filter the list so I don't have to scroll through a
hundred subprocedures :-)
Outline View, click the subprocedure I want to use.
F12 to edit
Ctrl-Shift-Right to select the subprocedure name
Ctrl-C to copy the name. I'll be using it very soon :-)
Ctrl-T to move to the top
Ctrl-2 to open a new editor pane
(right editor has focus)
Scroll/find/locate bookmark/locate TODO
Put in the new block of code that's going to use the subprocedure.
Paste comes in handy because even after 35 years my typing can be best
described as Needs Improvement.
Toggle focus between the two editor panes with Alt-Shift-Right / Left
arrow.
Ctrl-S
Ctrl-0

Do note that any change in one pane is reflected in the other - you can
dual-edit! This is an awesome capability when prototyping and I need to
change a parameter list in the caller and the callee at the same time.