From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Greg Wilburn
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2015 2:47 PM
To: 'Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries'
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Outline View

I see what you're saying, but very often I am using replace with find.

Here are two other points for thought.

1. If tab went to the Replace box first, you press tab ONE more time to get to the checkboxes - I have to press tab ELEVEN times to get to the replace box.
2. If you are not replacing text during your find, it would be a good practice to delete any text that was there before doing your search (since RSE retains this) - On more than one occasion, I have accidentally clicked on the Replace button (which happens to be just under the Next button) by mistake.

My argument is that I cannot recall a single application (on any platform), website, emulation screen, etc. where the TAB key "jumped over" an adjacent field (data entry point)... so why should RSE?

Not to belabor the point... I don't want another ALT-<key> sequence to remember.

Greg