From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dale Janus
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2015 11:34 AM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] how to control debug

I am still learning my way around RDI or remote system explorer (or whatever it's supposed to be called).

I an not sure how to turn debug on and off properly.

I have an ILE program that uses call/parm (I know, I know) to call a date routine program. I opened RSE tab, right clicked and selected set service entry point.
I did the same for the calling program.

Debug worked fine, I found and fixed my errors and completely ended RDI. (clicked red x in corner. No longer running in windows.)

Later, I had problems with the calling program, so I started RDI, right clicked to select it and set service entry point. Yet when I debug it, it still brings up in debug the date calculation program.
I opened RSE tab, right clicked on the date routine program and picked show view, instead of set debug. I got another view where I clicked remove service entry point. But alas, it did not believe I really meant it.

Every time I debug the calling program, I get debug started in the date routine program. It's a short program, so it's not a big deal, but I would like to be able to end debug on it once and for all.
I tried signing off my green screen session. I also kept the debug header screen (probably not the right name) that had the end debug button on it and the date routine program did not appear on it.
Any suggestions? Or will I be doomed to debug the date routine program forever?
---Dale