Hi,

My Co-worker uses outline view a lot more than I do.

I guess, I don't often use this feature, because I still remember how slow it was in WDSC 6.0. So, I got use to NOT using outline view, because at the time it was so SLOW...

Now, it is pretty good, except for it no longer uses the cache, which cause us to wait for outline view to load... <Whoops, side bar...>

Anyway, my co-worker has a huge program that he has written, and he is constantly using outline view. He forgot the name of the name of subroutine. So using the outline view, he merely scrolls down to see all his subroutines. Then he goes back to his code to type in the found subroutine name, that he forgot how he spelt it. It JUMPS his code to some weird selection in OUT-LINE VIEW!!! ARRRRGGGGG
This happen when he did NOT Select anything in outline view!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGG

It appears that when the outline view loses focus, it Jumps to the top, and re-positions his LPEX CODE Window! Very Frustrating!!!!

Now, I tried to show him how to use Code-Assist, with Ctrl+spacebar, it did NOT Bring up the Code Assistance after he typed the first letter of the subroutine!!!! WTF?!?!?! The outline view was built...

But, guess what????? Restart RDI, and then it decides to work again?? Huh????

I just said, that is why I do NOT use OUTLINE view, it is still too UNSTABLE, and repositions your code with NOTHING SELECTED. Just using the scroll bar...

Now, to top it off, my co-worker went back to RDI 9.0.1., and NO ISSUE. He can scroll UP & DOWN the outline view, and it DOES NOT reposition his code!!! Especially when nothing is selected!!!!

So, what worked fine in a previous version, RDI 9.0.1, is now ONCE AGAIN Broken in the NEW VERSION RDI 9.1.1.

Welcome to the continually Sloppy Quality control in the Rational Developer world...

Thanks Beta-Testers for testing production code, and pay Rational Developers to debug previously working things in previous versions...

The RDI-Merry-Go-Around continues....

YES! I am CONTINUALLY FRUSTRATED!!!

Let me guess, waste time and call IBM Tech Support, and say, "Something that worked in a previous release, please "RE-FIX-IT" AGAIN!!! WTF

OH how I wish a third party would create a better IDE than RDI, like Microsoft or JetBrains. Then maybe the quality would go up, or at least we would have a choice to DEMAND QUALITY/STABLE software I.D.E. from PROFESSIONALS!!!!

Anyone remember "Rumba", that use to put client access to shame? Yup, IBM Trailing Edge technology, only perfects stuff when there is competition.

Maybe I need to create a new workspace AGAIN???? You are kidding me! Right?!?!?!

No wonder no one else tries RDI in our shop, I am constantly screaming, "RDI is BROKE AGAIN!!!"

After 9 years, my patience with RDI has been WORN-OUT...

Very Frustrated RDI user...

-Ken Killian-