On 1/7/2015 4:10 PM, Dave Boettcher wrote:

I decided to uninstall and re-install RDi V9.1.

When I try to open my old workspace, I get the same error. So, I had to also create a new workspace. That seems to mean re-creating all my connections and filters.
However I seem to be up and running now. It may take a while to re-create everything. And I'm still not positive what corrupted it.
And why I couldn't find how to use the -clean option.

RDi 9.1 has an excellent Export facility hat you can use to back up your
settings. File > Export > Rational Developer for i > Configuration
Files. Do it now, and maybe once a week. There's a YouTube video on
this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEBKyI8QjTA

Once you have a good backup, you can create a new workspace and Import
those settings. File > Import > Rational Developer for i >
Configuration Files.

I have seen some messages in the archives to use a -clean option. So I created a shortcut on my desktop and followed some directions I found in the archives to change the target to include -clean at the end.
Then I get an error that basically says the string in the target box is not valid.

I made a copy of my shortcut, right click, Properties, Target:
"C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP_91a\eclipse.exe" -product
com.ibm.rational.developer.ibmi.product.ide -clean