On 1/7/2015 10:42 AM, Ken Killian wrote:

Is there a way to search in Open Members of RDI?

Eclipse doesn't 'think' this way. In Eclipse, you organise your
projects by... project. For me, the equivalent in RSE is a filter.

None of the following is what you asked for, but the Eclipse people
simply don't think searching opened files is useful enough to spend the
time to develop it. There's a not so subtle undercurrent of 'If you
want it so bad why don't you write it?' If only I could...

Anyway, In the RSE view, select (Ctrl-click) the source members I'm
interested in. Right click, iSphere Find String and off I go. This
works great for me because one of my many filters holds all the stuff
I'm working on for that project.

I tried doing this with right click > Find String (which invokes
FNDSTRPDM) but I get an error:
FNDSTRPDM STRING(dftactgrp) FILE(BUCK/QRPGLESRC) MBR(A) OPTION(*NONE)
COL(1 *RCDLEN) CASE(*IGNORE) PRTRCDS(*ALL *CHAR) PARM(*EVENTF)
Ownership of object QLZAZZRLSX in QGPL type *USRSPC changed.
Cause . . . . . : The ownership of object &2 in library &1 type &3 has
changed.
0 members match the Find string in file QRPGLESRC.

I don't know why, but RDi 9.1.1 doesn't seem to find anything if I
select several source members in RSE, Ctrl-H > File Search, Selected
Resources. I always get '0 matches in empty scope' which leads me to
believe that it's not seeing my selection properly.

Another way might be Working Sets. First, enable them in Window >
Customize Perspective > Command Groups Availability. Select Window
Working Set and Working Set Manipulation. Now, make a Working Set.
Window > Working Sets > Edit... You'll have to drill down to select
items inside your Temp Files folder on your PC (this Eclipse concept is
meant for cross-project files). To search this working set, Ctrl-H,
File Search, then select your working set.

This might be another case of me altering my workflow to match my
tooling, but having one narrow filter for each project really helps me
keep track of what bits go with what project. So 'searching a project'
is pretty easy for me with select all, right click, iSphere search.