On 31-Oct-2014 13:33 -0500, Vernon Hamberg wrote:
On 10/31/2014 1:03 PM, Daron Whitehouse wrote:

What does IBM Data Studio not find valid about DDS objects? The
Objects are visible to DS when the DB2 for i connection is defined
as using "naming=system" <<SNIP>>

Daron, looks as if I'll have to take another look - was probably
using *SQL naming.

The SQL Naming OPTION should be quite near immaterial, because the SQL Catalog VIEWs do not change with a change to that option. What *SYS naming would achieve is a CURRENT_SCHEMA='*LIBL' for which the list of objects would include more than just those in the library named the same as the Authorization Identifier [if defaulted] or the one library name that is the CURRENT SCHEMA.

But maybe what I refer to is the list of tables in a library - SQL
statements work fine, no problem there, might be just the list of
things that show tables and indexes and views and not PFs or LFs -
will confirm.

OK, I tried the Database Developer perspective - It does list all
PFs - not sure about those created using CRTPF with RCDLEN.

The definitions of the respective SQL Catalog VIEW will be telling; SYSTABLES probably. Display File Description (DSPFD) of that VIEW database *FILE object, and a predicate effective asking DBXREL='Y' in the WHERE clause would produce a list that precludes program-described files [and multi-format logical files].

I saw views - these were the LFs created using DDS.

SYSVIEWS probably. The WHERE clause probably includes a predicate effectively asking DBXATR='VW' which means the file attributes must be SQL+VIEW for which all non-VIEW *FILE objects would be excluded.

There were no apparent indexes listed, even if there are key fields
in an LF. This doesn't surprise me - there is no specific SQL index
object in that case. And there are usually no constraints, so those
do not show up either.

The /indexes/ for the DB2 are probably only those in SYSINDEXES. Reviewing the definition of that VIEW will likely reveal a predicate effectively asking DBXATR='IX' which means the file attributes must be SQL+INDEX for which all non-INDEX *FILE objects would be excluded; that they also would not appear in the /VIEW/ list, was previously described, so if a list of indexes is desired, then another listing-option that is specific to INDEX must be located in the client sfw.

<<SNIP>>