On 10/27/2014 11:13 AM, RPG List wrote:
I was able to get it it run but I had to run it out of my own library that is in the job description

I've been dealing with work management on the system for so long, I
forget that not everyone is as familiar as I am. Sorry.

Think of the connexion between RDi and IBM i as a batch job (because it
is!) When that batch job starts, it works exactly like every other
batch job on the system. It starts running with your user profile,
which points to a job description, which points to a library list. That
library list is what every batch job will use - including the RDi server
job.

If your job description doesn't have your library in it, then you
probably do one of three things when you sign on to an interactive job:
1) ADDLIBLE MYLIB
2) CALL SOMEPGM which does an ADDLIBLE MYLIB
3) Your user profile has an initial program which does an ADDLIBLE MYLIB

Interactive jobs are the only ones which call the initial program
specified in your user profile. Batch jobs ignore this parameter.

So... having to qualify the CALL MYLIB/MYPGM in the RDi initial command
expected unless your job description takes care of it for you. Which we
already know it does not, because you noted that you need to add it
every time you start RDi.