From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Birgitta Hauser
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2014 1:36 AM
To: 'Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Clientfor System i & iSeries'
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Should the labels in the outline view use free-form syntax

Hi,

I personally would like to see the new free form syntax.
Even better would be if the user could decide which style he wants to use.
There are still a lot of programmers outside who not even moved to free format C-Specs (and those who cannot use the new syntax because they have to compile still everything for V5R4 or even older releases).
I think the first category of programmers would be overwhelmed and the second category could get confused with the completely free syntax ... new keywords, keywords for data types etc.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)
"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance." (Derek Bok) "What is worse than training your staff and losing them? Not training them and keeping them!"