Kurt

I just did the installation from the Web that Eric pointed out - it took very little time - like 10 or 15 minutes - compare that to really long download times that others are reporting and that I've seen before.

I'm almost ready to suggest that we use the web install with IM!

Vern

On 5/28/2014 12:29 PM, Kurt Anderson wrote:
Good to know for updates.

We download the disk1 & disk2 that way it's downloaded for all of our users to use, otherwise every install will essentially be re-downloading the source.

Kurt Anderson
Sr. Programmer/Analyst - Application Development, Service Delivery Platform

-----Original Message-----
From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Edmund Reinhardt
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 1:04 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RDi V9.1 requires Install Manager version 1.7.2 or later but...

If you installed from disk1 and disk2, you are done.
I was just suggesting a simpler mechanism in future, so that you don't even have to download disk1 and disk2, unzip them, find the right executable to launch etc,

But if you do set the repository to
https://www.ibm.com/software/repositorymanager/com.ibm.rational.developer.ibmi.v91
you will be able to install updates to 9.1 when we ship them in the future.
So it probably is a good idea.

Regards,

Edmund (E.H.) Reinhardt
Technical Architect for Rational Developer for i
Phone: 1-905-413-3125 | Home: 1-905-854-6195 IBM
E-mail: edmund.reinhardt@xxxxxxxxxx
RDi YouTube: 8200 Warden Ave
www.youtube.com/user/IBMRational#g/c/62DF24D5BCD43501 Markham, ON L6G 1C7
Find me on: LinkedIn: Canada