Thanks Rob, I've asked a coworker to attend this webcast.

Kurt Anderson
Sr. Programmer/Analyst - Application Development, Service Delivery Platform

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 2:25 PM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Fw: IBM Rational Developer for i Webcast - May 13, 2014

----- Forwarded by Rob Berendt/DEKKO on 04/22/2014 02:24 PM -----

From: IBM <camoaten@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: rob@xxxxxxxxx
Date: 04/22/2014 02:07 PM

Description
The IBM legacy tools for RPG, COBOL, and CL have been "end of lifed" by IBM. This means that these tools (SEU, PDM, ADTS, and WDSC) are no longer supported or enhanced by IBM. Rational Developer for i (RDi) is the replacement for all of the IBM legacy development tools. Like WDSC, RDi is based on the Eclipse framework. RDi is an inexpensive, state of the art development environment that includes a sophisticated editor, integrated debugger, a graphical designer for screens and reports, and many other features. Use of RDi will improve developer productivity and reduce software defects. And RDi's modern features are attractive to younger developers who do not want to work with green screen tools.

This Webcast will introduce attendees to the features of RDi. The Webcast will include a brief presentation to introduce RDi, followed by a demonstration of key features, including support for free form RPG.

Registration Process
You may register at this link:
https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/103954783700141825

When you register you will be asked for the following information:
Name
Company name
Company address
Phone number
Email address
Registration will be automatic (i.e. no pre-approval will be required).
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail with the event details, including a URL for the Webcast that is specific to you. Also in that confirmation e-mail will be a link to add the Webcast to your electronic calendar.

Who Should Attend
Anyone interested in modernizing the tools that they use for software development on System i will derive value from attending this Webcast.
Typical roles interested in this kind of Webcast include software project managers, application development leads/managers, and developers.

Agenda
1. Introduction to Rational Developer for i
2. Evolution of IBM development tools for i
3. Demonstration of key features of Rational Developer for i
4. Choosing the right product combination
5. Questions

Best,

Cameron Oaten
IBM Rational Software