On 3/24/2014 11:59 AM, Tarr, Kenneth wrote:

First, you can change the settings that might speed things up. Under Windows, Preferences, select Run/Debug, Compiled Debug, Animated Step Into. Here, change the three values to lesser values. I have all three of mine set to 100ms, which is the lowest setting you can set it to. Theoretically, this should cause as many as ten lines/second to be debugged, but due to system overhead it actually translates to two or three. I've had it on occasion run at ten lines/second, which is sometimes desirable.

After reading the responses in this thread, I feel like a dinosaur. I
forgot about the animated debug and only rarely use the monitor view. I
think I've been treating debug as though it's a GUI version of a storage
dump.

Not to stray too far from the topic, I myself haven't perceived debug to
be slow. Compiling a program consistently takes one second or less;
it's still faster for me to run a full compile than it is to do a
program Verify. I have a newish (2 year old) PC and a newish (2 year
old) Power 7.

It's very cool to read the ways that others use RDi.
--buck