From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Booth Martin
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 3:26 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Subject: [WDSCI-L] How to synchronize source

This is a simple question. It occurs to me I am missing something very basic because I can not find an answer.

I have an application I am developing with RDi. It has 10 various source members. RDi works great for me..

Here's the scenario:

A co-worker uses PDM-only. He tells me when he modifies a source member. I reload it into my RDi project. If I miss doing one, the next time I push changes to it it warns me and I can recover with out losing work.

However it occurs to me that there is most likely a more reliable and elegant solution already built in to RDi, and it would be best if I learned what it is. Subversion takes care of this, but it seems like overkill to layer Subversion over RDi?

--
Booth Martin
www.martinvt.com

"Mate, this parrot wouldn't VOOM if you put four million volts through it!"