On 1/14/2014 8:10 AM, Colpaert, Peter wrote:
I cross-posted this to the Rdi and RPGLE lists because I'm not sure which of the two is causing my problems.

It is RDi.

I downloaded and installed the POI 3.6 version from his site, and it seems to work OK.

However, when I open a program using the service program, my outline is unavailable, and I get a yellow exclamation mark with an error or warning message. The error comes from QSYSINC/QRPGLESRC,JNI (see screenshot at http://snag.gy/qwwDb.jpg ). The same error occurs many times in this member.

If I comment out the /copy directive, the outline is immediately available again, but of course I now get other errors because I'm missing the contents of the copy member.

Has anyone encountered this, and found a solution?

Yes, I see this all the time. I never use the outline view, so I just
ignore the yellow exclamation mark.

There are several APARs outstanding for this class of error:

APAR SE56522 - RDI 9.0 RPGLE /COPY FILE REFERENCES NOT FOUND CORRECTLY
WHEN THE LIVE OUTLINE VIEW IS CLOSED

APAR SE56679 - RDi COPY FILE NOT FOUND MESSAGE IS ISSUED WHEN STARTING
WORKSPACE THAT HAD SOURCE LEFT OPENED

In my case, I:
1) Start RDi with no editors open from previous sessions.
2) Open an RPGLE source member which has this /COPY: /copy
HSSFCGI/qrpglesrc2,hssf_h NOTE: HSSFCGI is NOT in my editor *LIBL.
3) Switch from RSE tab to Outline view tab. See no outline, Refresh
icon is greyed out.
4) In the Editor pane, see the yellow exclamation mark. Hover over the
hssf_h name and see many errors, all of which are '"." expected instead
of this input'
5) If I remove the library name (HSSFCGI), I get an outline. But it's
got errors because of the missing /copy.
6) ADDLIBLE HSSFCGI on the Command view does not change the situation.
7) Close the editor, disconnect the connection, add HSSFCGI to the
library list, reconnect, re-edit the member: no change.
8) The program compiles fine via Ctrl-Shift-C.
9) I have never been able to get the verifier to work (Ctrl-Shift-V). I
always get the error 'Keywords DFTACTGRP, ACTGRP, or USRPRF are not
allowed.' But trying it does not remove the yellow exclamation point.

Sorry that I am no help. When I need a cross reference, I still find
the compiler's own cross reference more useful than mousing between the
outline view and the editor. I Alt-Tab to the 5250 session with WRKSPLF
up and use the keyboard to search. So this just hasn't been a pain
point for me.

As for the verifier, it's faster for me to compile than to verify.
--buck