On 1/13/2014 2:26 PM, Jeff Crosby wrote:
I have resisted downloading RDi 9 for a few months for a couple of reasons:

- let someone else find the problems :)
- I knew I was getting a new Win 7 desktop at some point to replace my XP
desktop

I now have the new PC in house and am embarking on that always strange and
wonderful experience of loading up a new desktop.

My thought was don't bother putting RDi 9 on the old desktop and don't
bother putting 8.5 on the new desktop. Just install 9 on the new desktop
going forward. Once installed, could I not simply move my workspace from
the old desktop to the new, point to it, and away I go?

That's what I did when I upgraded from 8.5 to 9.0.

That leads me to my next question. I always feel like a complete idiot
when installing a new version of RDi. Where do I get it? I spent a couple
of hours online yesterday and could only find a "trial" download. I don't
want a trial, I have a paid up license.

You get it the same place you got the last one. I wish that were a flip
answer, but apparently if you got your licence through Passport
Advantage, you can't use ESS to get RDi 9. And vice versa.

I have a PA licence. I downloaded the trial and then got the new
licence (I think they call it the activation kit?) from Passport
Advantage. Apply the licence jar file and the trial becomes the full
version.

ESS is an animal I haven't dealt with.
--buck