The current RPG Live outline design will only query the host for copy files
when the editor is opened,
or if the refresh icon on the outline view is manually clicked. The rest
of the time, it uses the local client cache of
copy files. (This is intended to avoid repeated wasteful queries to the
host)
It does not re-query the host for the changed file name when an editing
change is made to a /COPY line.
(The user should click the outline refresh if they do so.)

Also, note that the library needs to be in the library list for the RDi
connection, in order to find the file, if the /COPY is not library
qualified

Current unresolved APARs are:

- APAR SE56679 - RDi COPY FILE NOT FOUND MESSAGE IS ISSUED WHEN STARTING
WORKSPACE THAT HAD SOURCE LEFT OPENED

Error Description:
When a file that contains a /copy is left open in the editor and
the workspace is closed and then reopened, a warning appears
next to the /copy line.  This warning states:
"The copy file is not found until you hit the refresh hit in the
Outline view"
This message that the copy file is not available is confusing
and misleading to a user.
LOCAL FIX:
Hit the Refresh key in the Outline view and copy file will be
found and the errors will disappear.

- APAR SE56522 - RDI 9.0 RPGLE /COPY FILE REFERENCES NOT FOUND CORRECTLY
WHEN THE LIVE OUTLINE VIEW IS CLOSED

ERROR DESCRIPTION:
When the RPGLE live outline view is not open /copy statements
may be annotated with a yellow triangle indicating that the copy
file was not found. The Ctrl-Shift-F5 key sequence to refresh
the outline does not resolve the issue. Some copy files may even
be flagged with the annotation even if they were previously
detected when the file was opened if the /copy statement is
edited or newly entered into the source.

LOCAL FIX:
Leave the outline view open when editing RPGLE. Consider
minimizing rather than closing the view.

I suggest you open a PMR if your scenario is not one of these APARS,
and clicking the refresh icon on the Outline View does not resolve to
the /COPY.

(On the chance that the local workspace cache has gotten corrupted, you
could also try a new workspace ...)

John Fellner, RDi Development