From: Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio
Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 16/12/2013 12:06 PM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Latest fix pack
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I found a couple other odd things - actually I don't remember visiting
the Parser Styles section before, so this is a little new to me.

First, I find the use of the word "macro" to be a bit strange - these
are called directives in the RPG reference. There is absolutely NO
mention of macros in the reference. Why the change in wording? The CPP
parser style calls #define a "CPP driective". Sigh!

Now for the example of /TITLE - this is identified as a macro. If you
put your cursor in the text that follows, it's labeled "Layout Space" -
what?

I also clicked in the example for compile time array - some of it is
labeled, in the example, as comments! The double-asterisk is labeled as
"Data".

There is almost no documentation that I've been able to find as to just
what all the style elements are - they names, as I mentioned above, do
not match anything I know from the RPG manuals. Therefore, the help is
not helpful!

Regards
Vern