Nope, my work Laptop Dell Latitude E6510 with 8-gigi. It is NOT locked down, and I have full ADMINISTRATION RIGHTS.

I always download to my PC, and install from there. Not the network...

I don't have this problem with previous version of Rational Developer...

I know others have reported Repaint or "Double-Stroke" errors on RDI 9.0. It is sporadic, it doesn't happen every time...

Except for the Debug Perspective, the right-click and add monitor does NOT WORK. And the "Add Watch Breakpoint" doesn't work at all PERIOD, no nothing...

I think I installed as Administrator. Is there a way to check for that?

The corporate PC have Norton Antivirus, and yes that is locked down...
I assume with windows policies, I am not a windows admin type person, so I don't know for fact on that...

I did not have this problem with RDP 8.0. And I have the same PC, and the Windows 7, nothing has changed... Except I have upgraded to RDi 9.0.

I grow very tired of the new workspace stuff, I did that with RDP 8.5, and it still failed every time...
Which is why I UNISTALLED that Lousy Awful Release, it gave me nothing but grief! <Big Frown!>

So, anyway, it is HIGHLY doubtful, that there is anything about my PC setup. Is there way to check that?

Why wouldn't I install in the Programs files directory? I have installed my Here:
"C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP9\eclipse.exe"

I still have RDP 8 installed here:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\SDP_803\eclipse.exe"
Since RDP 8.0 is NOT 64-bit, it default to the "Program Files (x86)" instead of the "Program Files"

I keep my workspace in my documents, which is backed up on the network. It is also the IBM default. I know other have suggested elsewhere, but I don't change system defaults, unless I have a good reason to do so. <Big smile>

-Ken-

One other thing struck me - does your corporate IT lock down your PC?
Enforce any specific Windows policies? What antivirus are you using?
I know that Windows 7 has taught me to never ever install anything from a network drive, always install as administrator and never in the c:\program files directory - where is your RDi installed? Some of this behaviour could be attributed to the specifics of your PC setup. /Could/.
--buck