On 12/13/2013 2:32 PM, Ken Killian wrote:

Hi Ken,
My PTF went on this morning in the i side, and I installed the 9.0.1 fix
pack this morning as well, so now I can test along with you. I add a
SEP for a program I want to debug, then I CALL it from a 5250 session.

So, for now, I have a work around to add a variable to the monitor view.

Just go to the Monitor Window, and click on the plug-sign to add a Monitor...
Okay, that is a work-around. Or the shortcut key!

When I come across a variable I want to see in the Monitors view, I left
click on the variable, then right click and choose Monitor Expression.
The variable goes into the Monitors view for me. If the cursor is out
in the middle of space and I point to a variable with the mouse and
right click, the context menu comes up but 'Monitor expression' doesn't
do anything. I think the salient point is that the cursor needs to be
on the variable, not just the mouse pointer.

But, is there another way to watch when variables change with the "Add Watch Breakpoint..." or than using the Shortcut menu?

The same process. Left click to put the editing cursor on the variable,
then right click and 'Add Watch Breakpoint...' This does NOT put the
variable in the Monitors view, but there's an entry in the Breakpoints
view showing that a watch has been enabled. When I click Resume (F8),
the program runs until the variable changes. When it does change, a
window pops up:

DBGB0009I Variable vvvvv has changed in program ppppp, module mmmmm...

Please advise of way to do this that works on RDi 9.0.1

When I need a watch breakpoint and a monitor, I add both. Although I
must admit that I tend to use the Variables view more than the Monitors
view. All the changed variables (which are in scope!) have a yellow
background if they've changed. Sometimes seeing ALL of the changes is a
bigger hint than sticking just to the variables my mind is focussed on...

--buck

Thanks

-Ken Killian-