A startup with -clean on the existing workspace might be a worthwhile experiment, also.  I know Ken did one a month or two ago, so it may not cure this, but you don't know until you try.

Dave Shaw
Mohawk Industries

________________________________
From: Buck Calabro <kc2hiz@xxxxxxxxx>
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2013 12:15 PM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Convert to Free locking up RDi 9.0

On 12/9/2013 10:22 AM, Ken Killian wrote:
Now using RDi 9.0, and copy some old Fixed format code and pasting into a new member....
Approximate line count, about 100 lines of code. So not very big....
Then I right Click and select "Convert to Free"....

This is where RDI 9.0 seems to be constantly locking up on me. I get the "Milky White Screen", and not responding....

9.0.0.1  Update outline view is ON
IBM i 7.1
Windows 7 64

Took a very old RPG program of about 250 lines, did Ctrl-A, right click,
Convert Selection to Free Form.  Fast as can be, no issues.  It's a
subfile program so all of the MOVEL's get chunked out in fixed blocks,
but it does convert and compile just fine.

Tried a newer program about 360 lines, that too wasn't an issue.

Tried a scary big SQLRPGLE program about 2500 lines and that too
converted fine.

Try creating a brand new workspace, a new filter and opening the
troublesome member there.  If that works, it might be a hint to the
developers.  I myself don't much care for the 'create a new workspace'
solution, as I have many filters and user commands that I really don't
want to re-create.  It might be a diagnostic aid though.