From: Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client
for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 2013-11-26 14:34
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Outline view with keylists
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Doug

I'll say first, give it a little - time - you may notice a status in the
lower-right corner.

Now that I've said the expected thing, this does not always work for me!

As do you, I have auto-update on. I have a different problem - data
types do not get updated if I change the source for a PF or table. Even
the Files section is not always updated, so it is not useful for me to
go there to see how things are defined.

In addition - a different issue - the order in the outline of the
subfields of any LIKEREC-defined DS is often NOT that of the actual
file. This is true also in the column list under the format - I kind of
get it - key fields are listed first (not in the order as defined), then
the non-key - but the latter are in some unpredictable order.

So I revert to opening the source.

Oh, yeah - I think I even get reported compile failures, but I won't
swear that these are connected right now.

It feels as if there's some kind of caching going on. I did go to
Preferences and clear some cache or other - maybe not the right one -
and even that didn't always help.

I'm really glad you brought this up!

Vern