Hi Buck,

Thanks for putting all the time into that article, (just noticed it
today). I printed it out to keep with my other notes.

Paul pointed me to an article on setting up a custom Lpex profile.
Earlier this week, I was able to get my first plug-in to work. I set up
my backspace key as a "newline" key (where, hitting it once brings me to
the leftmost position of the prefix area, and where subsequent hits act
as a down key, just what I wanted). I noticed that this cannot be
assigned to the Enter key (which is what I used in SEU). I'm guessing
that there is no work-around for this? (I can still use the keypad enter
key for the enter function).

I'm still new to RDi, and am trying to find ways to code faster (Still
find that when I'm under the gun to get something done fast, I go back
to SEU, so I'm trying to do what I can to break that habit).

Here is the code for my profile plugin....

package com.mbi.lpexextensions;

import com.ibm.lpex.core.LpexAction;
import com.ibm.lpex.core.LpexView;

public class UserProfile1 {
public static void userProfile(LpexView lpexView) {

lpexView.defineAction("SEUNewLine", new LpexAction() {
public void doAction(LpexView view) {

view.doAction(view.actionId("home"));
view.doAction(view.actionId("left"));
view.doAction(view.actionId("down"));
}

public boolean available(LpexView view) {
// allow the action to run for any visible text line in a
writable document
return view.currentElement() != 0 &&
!view.queryOn("readonly");
}
});

lpexView.doCommand("set keyAction.backSpace.t.p.secondary
SEUNewLine");

// set ispf as default editor style
lpexView.doDefaultCommand("set default.updateProfile.baseProfile
ispf");

}
}