From: Ken Killian <kkillian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:50 AM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Working with projects

Dave,

I happen to use the Change Management software called "Turnover", which has a great plug-in for RDP/RDi.

I have used Implement previously, not a bad package. My only real complain it that it messed up the Source pointers on the object. (DSPPGM) It would say that the object was created from a source-file in temporary Implement library that was deleted...

Sample:

Object    Type    Library    Attr    Library    Source    Member
MCABBARL  *PGM    PRODOBJ    RPGLE  IMAGI1S    QRPGLESRC  MCABBARL

This object was created back in 2004, when we were using Implementer. Note the Source-Library of "IMAGI1S", which was a work-library used by Implementer. It was one reason why we switched to Turnover, among other reasons.

So, two questions on Implementer:
1.) Does it have a plug-in for RDP/RDI?
2.) Have they ever fixed their Source Pointer Problem?

Note, it has been about 7-years since I have used Implementer, but curious...

Of course, I am using Turnover, which does NOT have those two issues. Otherwise, it seemed like a very good package over all. :)that decision was made about 7-years ago at my employer.

Thanks for any insight you might share!