In 9.0, the launchpad now calls the imLauncherWindows.bat or
imLauncherLinux.sh depending on your platform. In previous releases, the
launchpad invoked the IM executable but now the imLauncher* script does.

The imLauncherWindows.bat checks to see if you have IM installed already by
looking in the registry (using 'REG' Windows executable) in order to
determine if the 64-bit IM should be installed (this is new in 9.0).

If the launchpad does not work for any reason, then trying the imLauncher*
script or invoking the IM executable directly is the alternative.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric Simpson
Rational Developer for Power Systems Software - Rational Developer for i -
Rational Developer for AIX and Linux
IBM Software Group - IBM Toronto Lab
Phone: 905-413-3226 (Internal: 313-3226)
Email: esimpson@xxxxxxxxxx

|------------>
| From: |
|------------>
|"Mike Wills" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> |
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| To: |
|------------>
|"Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> |
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Date: |
|------------>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|06/22/2013 01:21 PM |
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Subject: |
|------------>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Re: [WDSCI-L] Installing RDi 9 -- 'REG' is not recognized as an internal or external command |
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Sent by: |
|------------>
|wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I ran it because I thought that might have been what was being run. I could
tell it was some sort of a bat file based on the blinking I was seeing.
When I got the error it confirmed what I seen in the blink. After I added
c:/Windows/System32 to the part it worked fine.

?Logging in as Admin didn't help either. I am emailing so IBM can see it and
so others can see how to "fix" it.

?
Sent from Mailbox for iPad

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 2:28 PM, Mike Hockings <hockings@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

No idea what that bat file does. Why would you run it directly anyway?
For a shared install run disk1\launchpad.exe on Win7 right click and do
Run-As-Administrator
For a user install run
disk1\InstallerImage_win32_win32_x86_64\userinst.exe (or the 32 bit one
as appropriate)
Mike
Mike Hockings, M.Eng., P.Eng.
IBM Rational Developer for System z and Power Systems Software Technical
Support
IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory
hockings@xxxxxxxxxx
voice 1-905-413-3199 T/L 313-3199 ITN 23133199
From: Mike Wills <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx,
Date: 2013-06-21 15:01
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Installing RDi 9 -- 'REG' is not recognized as
an internal or external command
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
When installing on my Windows 7 box. I get the following error:
'REG' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.
( was unexpected at this time.
I do not have Windows/System32 in my path. While I realize that is the
problem... what is the fix (without adding System32 to my path)?
I will be adding that to my path to get it installed. But I thought
I'd see if there is other work-arounds. I only found this out because
I manually ran `imLauncherWindows.bat` as that DOS box went by so fast
I couldn't read it.
--
Mike Wills
http://mikewills.me