Thank you.
I really appreciate RDP and the work you and your team does.

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Edmund Reinhardt
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2013 5:02 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Cc: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RDP 8.0.3 abrupt close

Hi Gary,

The reason why RNF7701 is being issued because he's using a *ALL DS for I/O to a subfile. The ability to use a *ALL data structure for subfile opcodes was added as a PTF in 6.1 and 7.1 as part of the Open Access changes.
The verifier for RDP 8.0.3 was built before that and does not have this level of the RPG compiler. That is my moving to Rdp 8.5 will solve the problem.
The abrupt close is probably an independent problem. In order to shut down all of RDp all of a sudden there would most likely be an error in the Program Verifier. The verifier is either called directly from the menu or
Ctrl-Shift-V, or it is used when refreshing the static outline. So using
the dynamic outline available in RDp 8.5 would also solve this problem. If someone does have a reproducible scenario where the Verifier takes down RDp, the team here would like to know. we have fixed a few of those since
8.0.3 so it is likely already addressed.

Regards,

Edmund (E.H.) Reinhardt
COBOL IDE on AIX, DDS, WebFacing, System i Application Development, Rational Developer for Power

2D barcode Phone: 1-905-413-3125 | Phone: 1-905-854-6195 IBM
- encoded E-mail: edmund.reinhardt@xxxxxxxxxx
with AIX COBOL: 8200 Warden Ave
contact www.youtube.com/user/IBMRational#g/c/62DF24D5BCD43501 Markham, ON L6G 1C7
information "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of Canada
God in Christ Jesus concerning you." - 1
Thessalonians 5:18