Hi,

I am attempting to install the V8.5 Rational Developer for I SOA product.
This requires the Rational Business Developer to be installed first. I
downloaded the 60 day trial while the contracts get processed to get a head
start. I get all the way through the install process using the IBM
Installation Manager until it wants DISK1. It cannot seem to locate the
DISK1 sub folder.

I am on Windows XP Pro (I had previously installed the V7.5 of RDi and
uninstalled it on that machine)

IBM Installation Manager is at v1.6.1

I downloaded 10 "zip" files from the IBM download manager and unzipped them.
RBD (3), RDPOWER (1), HATS (1) & WAS_LITE (5)

I used the "Launchpad.exe" to start the install process.

I deselected all the WAS options - message that the disk could not found,
even though they were downloaded and unzipped

I continued through the set up options and included Struts Tools as directed
in the Quick Start Instructions

After pressing the "Install" button, I get a prompt for DISK1. The
Installer does not find the next directory that contains DISK1.

My download directory structures looks like this:

C:\DownloadDirecctor

RBD_85_Trial_Part1

RBD_SETUP

Ad

InstallerImage_linux_gtk_x86

RBD_85_Trial_Part2

RBD

Disk1

RBD_85_Trial_Part3

RBD

Disk2

RD_Power_8.5_EVALUATION_EIMAGE

.

.

.

Any ideas? The DISK1 does not have a disktag file in it. DISK2 does.

My previous installs were from CD media. The Quick Start Installation
Instructions did not provide much help.

Pat Barrett