While I love RDP, I haven't moved from STRDBG over to debugging from within RDP. I have a program issue and I thought I'd give RDP's debug a try.

We have test jobs setup that automatically run STRDBG to prevent updating of production libraries. Using StrDbg, when it hits that line I get an error I can ignore. Now, when I set the SEP in a RPG source, which is a program called by the CL that executes STRDBG (among other things), the debug view is never coming up. I tried adding a SEP to the CL before the STRDBG gets hit, and when that happens, I get an error and can hit ignore, but for some reason it's not entering the RPG code for me to debug. In the RPG program I set the breakpoint at the very beginning to make sure I wasn't running into an issue where the statement I put a breakpoint on wasn't getting called. I just now set a breakpoint in the CL after the STRDBG statement, and it doesn't break.

I've now spent about 45min on this and feel like I've had no success. I know our method of testing (using a mix of production and test libraries) isn't going to change. Are there any other suggestions as to what I might try?

Kurt Anderson
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
CustomCall Data Systems, a division of Enghouse Systems Ltd.