From RDP's point of view to check the PTFs just expand your RSE
connection, right-click on the Objects element and select the Verify
Connection... action. This will start a little dialogue that shows the
results of the checks. Expand all the sections fully to be sure you are
not missing any messages.

Mike

Mike Hockings, M.Eng., P.Eng.
IBM Rational Developer for System z and Power Systems Software Technical
Support
IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory
hockings@xxxxxxxxxx
voice 1-905-413-3199 T/L 313-3199 ITN 23133199

From: Ken Killian <kkillian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio
Client for System i & iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 2013-02-20 09:39
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] debug no longer working
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Mike,

I have a lot of authority on our development box, how do I check for the
latest PTF?

I see some stuff applied with DSPPTF command. But, it has been over
20-years, since I have ever check PTF stuff...

Anyway, if there is a PTF to apply, I will get with our system
administrator to apply it. :)

More Details on my Debug Green Screen Session. It cannot find the source
to debug.
Which basically makes that DEBUGGER worthless! <LOL>

I get the "Source not found", and when I try to add a source path, that
does not work either...
I reported this before...

Here is a message in the Error-Log:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.debug.pdt.internal.core.model.ViewFile.setViewFile(Unknown
Source)
at com.ibm.debug.pdt.internal.core.model.View.change(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.debug.pdt.internal.core.model.Part.updateViews(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.debug.pdt.internal.core.model.Part.getCurrentView(Unknown
Source)
at
com.ibm.debug.pdt.internal.core.model.DebuggeeThread.getLocation(Unknown
Source)
at com.ibm.debug.pdt.internal.core.model.StackFrame.getLocation(Unknown
Source)
at com.ibm.debug.pdt.internal.core.model.StackFrame.getViewFile(Unknown
Source)
at
com.ibm.debug.pdt.core.sourcelocator.PDTSourceLookupParticipant.findSourceElements(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.debug.core.sourcelookup.AbstractSourceLookupDirector$SourceLookupQuery.run(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(Unknown Source)
at
org.eclipse.debug.core.sourcelookup.AbstractSourceLookupDirector.doSourceLookup(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.debug.core.sourcelookup.AbstractSourceLookupDirector.getSourceElement(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.sourcelookup.SourceLookupFacility.lookup(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.debug.ui.DebugUITools.lookupSource(Unknown Source)
at
org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.elements.adapters.StackFrameSourceDisplayAdapter$SourceLookupJob.run(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Unknown Source)

PS. The SEP work fine however! But, it is nice NOT to have to restart my
session to get the debugger. Or I can use RDP 8.0, which still works fine.
Just hate switching back to old version... <grin>

Oh well, not a "Show Stopper", but I sure do miss that old functionality.
For now, I have to add SEP, and restart my testing to catch the error...

-Ken Killian-
(423) 510-3129