On 2/15/2013 2:09 PM, Edmund Reinhardt wrote:

I really appreciate the concrete scenarios you are giving.
For the constants one, was RDp supposed to just change the 2 on the
selected Calc to the new constant, or was it supposed to find all 2
literals in expressions and keywords throughout the source and change them.
But in the latter case how is it supposed to distinguish between the ones
that are false positives? I suppose you could have a Refactoring wizard
like Java does. And you can walk through all the proposed changes and
uncheck the false positives.
Is this what you had in mind?

Hi Edmund!
I didn't have a particular 'It Must Be This Way Or I Shall Hold My
Breath Until I Get It' scenario in mind. :-)

I do rather like the Java wizard but I'd be completely happy to restrict
the change to a selected block of code. When a refactoring like this is
so easy to do, I would do 2 or 3 widely separated blocks with separate
operations and be happy for the ability. The main assist here is being
able to focus stricylt on constants, not other digits like indicators
and field lengths or other characters like GOTO END.

Thanks for everything you do!
--buck