Excellent, that's what I was looking for.

Thanks, Edmund

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Edmund Reinhardt
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:33 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Cc: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Report Designer - Viewing Multiple Records

Report Designer is far more capable.usable than SDA/RLU.
You will notice above the design area there is there is the "Report controls".
- Select 'Design reports'.
- Optional: give your report a name
- On the 'Records' tab add all the records you want displayed, in the order that you want them written to the report. Note that you can add the same record multiple times to simulate a detail record.

If you get confused by SKIP/SPACE keywords, toggle on the 'Show skip and space text' toolbar button just above the design area. This will tell you which SKIP/SPACE keyword is responsible for putting your fields where they are. But even nicer is that you can just drag your fields where you want them, and we will figure out which SKIP/SPACE keywords to modify to position it as you have indicated.
Finally a WYSIWYG DDS report editor.

Enjoy. There is a lot of power here.

Regards,

Edmund (E.H.) Reinhardt
COBOL IDE on AIX, DDS, WebFacing, System i Application Development, Rational Developer for Power

2D barcode Phone: 1-905-413-3125 | Phone: 1-905-854-6195 IBM
- encoded E-mail: edmund.reinhardt@xxxxxxxxxx
with AIX COBOL: 8200 Warden Ave
contact www.youtube.com/user/IBMRational#g/c/62DF24D5BCD43501 Markham, ON L6G 1C7
information "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of Canada
God in Christ Jesus concerning you." - 1
Thessalonians 5:18