On 1/16/2013 12:53 PM, Ken Killian wrote:

I have this job running 990196/QUSER/MSGPGMDQ in a sub-system

1.) Open Debug perspective
2.) Menu: "RUN"
a.) Option: "Debug Configurations"
3.) Inside the "tree-view" on the left, click on "IBM i:Debug job"
4.) Click on the icon that looks like a piece of paper with a "+" (a.k.a. New button)
5.) I populate my debug this way:
a.) Name: "MSGPGMDQ" the Job name
b.) connections: "TEST" (Name of your power-system running IBM i)
c.) Name: "MSGPGMDQ" the job name
d.) User: "*" for current user. Since I only have ONE run, I leave this as "*"
Or you could use the "QUSER" from above
e.) Number: "*" for the current job Number. I only have one job running.
6.) Check-box: Step into CHECKED
7.) Check-Box: Update production files CHECKED
8.) Click the "Debug Button"

When I tried it I consistently get a 'Server: CPF3CF2 Error(s) occurred
during running of QteRetrieveDebuggedThreads'. The program I'm trying
to debug is sitting on an RPG IV DSPLY operation. I got the same error
after restarting RDP 8.5.1.1. Tomorrow, I'll write a quick program that
throws an array index error and try it with that.
--buck