I have been having issues getting null pointer exceptions in RDP 8.5.1
(Windows 7 64-bit).

I haven't figured out the cause. Some are unnamed data structures that
just overlay data, but at least one is named. When I comment out the
offending data structures, the outline view finally refreshes and shows
everything. Until I do that the parser simply stops and the outline view
is incomplete. I could handle that, but the null pointer exceptions pop up
randomly. Essentially anytime RDP feels the need to auto-refresh the
outline.

Here is what is in the log though it seems mostly meaningless. It just
points to what I already know: the parser is crashing. That's sort of
obvious, but maybe there's more info there than I see.

http://code.midrange.com/e2ded49b55.html

I have many programs with many, many more data structures and far more sub
fields and hose work without issue. I do know if I turn off auto-refresh
the legacy outline view works fine. It renders the full outline without
issue. Only the dynamic refresh appears to crash.

I am running V5R4 on our system. I don't know if that's relevant.

This is obviously a bug, so maybe it has already been reported and there is
a better work around than simply turning off auto-refresh of the outline
view. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I am
giving as much info as I have.

Here's a link to all the structures I had to comment out. If something
jumps out to anyone let me know.

http://code.midrange.com/0afcfa6a60.html

Finally, if anyone knows enough about eclipse that they could tell me how I
could quickly create a keyboard shortcut or menu item to quickly
disable/enable the auto-refresh feature in preferences, that'd make this
issue much easier to live with. I am sure it is possible. Just not sure
how much effort would be involved. I am not opposed to installing an
add-in to make that happen.

Thanks,
Matt